Dentsu Jayme Syfu’s Merlee Jayme, board of jurors chairman for 2018 PANA Awards
As part of its 60th anniversary celebration, the Philippine Association of National Advertisers (PANA) has lined up an impressive roster of acclaimed industry professionals to judge its premier annual awards competition, the PANAta Awards.
Now in its 10th year, the PANAta Awards recognizes brands that have exhibited exemplary skill and talent in their marketing campaigns. Past PANAta Awards winners are companies that fully understand marketing effectiveness and demonstrate this mastery through their successful marketing communications.
The 2018 PANAta Awards, themed “Championing Responsible Brand
Building”, will have the privilege of having Dentsu Jayme Syfu’s Merlee Jayme chair the board of jurors.
A prominent figure in the local advertising scene, Merlee Jayme is the Chairmom (as she calls herself) and CCO of the merger between the world-renowned Dentsu Philippines and the DM9 JaymeSyfu group. In 2013, she distinguished herself in the industry after she led DM9 JaymeSyfu Inc. and brought home the country’s first Cannes Lion prize.
The following year, Medium named the creative agency the “Fifth Hottest Creative Agency in Asia” and Jayme as the fifth highest awarded Creative Director in Asia. In 2016, Dentsu Jayme Syfu was awarded Creative Agency of the Year by Campaign Asia, and in 2017, Country Asia of the year by Spikes Asia.
The New PANAta Awards
This year, PANA reformatted the PANAta Awards to keep up with the transformation of marketing from advertising to comprehensive, full-scale brand building.
The 2018 awards program will feature two main categories: the Brand Builders Awards and the People’s Choice Awards.
Under the Brand Builder category are the Excellence in Marketing Innovation, Excellence in Brand CSR, Excellence in Brand Positioning, Excellence in Customer Empowerment, Excellence in Internal Communications, Brand Bravery, Brand Rookie of the Year, and Brand Builder of the Year awards.
Jayme will be judging for the Brand Positioning category, alongside Dentsu Aegis Network Philippines CEO Donald Lim, GMA Network CMO Lizelle Maralag, and many more.
The full list of judges per category is provided below.
● Merlee Jayme, Chairmom & CCO at Dentsu Jayme Syfu
● Donald Lim, CEO at Dentsu Aegis Network Philippines
● Lizelle Maralag, CMO at GMA Network Inc.
● Monette Hamlin, Founder & President at Team Asia
● Yoly Crisanto, SVP for Corporate Communications at Globe Telecom
● Dennis Perez, Head of Media at Unilever Philippines
● Joy Jolingan, Media Relations Head at Nestlé Philippines
CSR, Internal Communications, Bravery and Rookie
● Madonna Tarrayo, CEO at Unitel Productions Inc.
● Bong Pacia, COO at McCann Worldgroup
● Christian Aguilar, Group Marketing Manager at AB Heineken Philippines
● Noel Altamirano, VP Head of Product Marketing at BPI Family Savings Bank
● Elbert de Guzman, VP for Communications at STI
● Mio Chongson, President & COO at Ace Saatchi & Saatchi
Empowerment & Innovation
● Jay Bautista, Managing Director at Kantar Media Philippines
● Digna Santos, Executive Director, Ads Standards Council
● Christine Que, Dean of College of Fine Arts and Design, University of Santo Tomas
● Lucien Dytioco, EVP at Philstar Media Group
● Andrea Pionilla, Country Marketing Manager at Electorlux Philippines
● Barbie Atienza, Head of External Affairs at Manila Bulletin
The 10th PANAta Awards 2018 will be held on July 20, 2018 at the Discovery Primea Suites, Makati City. For ticket inquiries, please call the PANA Secretariat 894-0474 to 75 / 894-0012-13 and look for Ms. Aileen Lucero.